||Hotkey Commander (Abbreviation HC) is a powerful hotkey
managing and overriding tool for Windows®. If you are a frequent hotkey user, you may
found that while hotkeys bring much convenience and advantages, they act rudely and annoyingly
sometimes. Hotkeys are usually defined or registered by individual applications. Some moral
applications would allow users to redefine their hotkey combination so that they don't
conflict with other hotkeys. Some "evil" applications won't at all. No matter what more and
more hotkeys may become chaos and make you confused at last. Even if you don't use hotkeys
at all, you may want to disable or override hotkeys occasionally so as not to be interrputed
by their default actions. Imagine when you are shooting bullets with your enemies in some
game and unfortunately hit the <Win> key accidently and then being forced to
the Windows desktop. Well, by Hotkey Commander you can easily explore and manage all the
hotkeys in your system. With a lot of great features including:
- Find out what hotkey combination is registerd by which application.
- Disable hotkey actions, return the keystrokes "eaten".
- Override the original hotkey with a different key combination you prefer.
- Create hotkey *combinations* or *sequences* in
Hotkey Commmander's Innovative Keystroke Style.
- Define hotkeys with Left/Right modifier keys (<Ctrl>, <Alt>,...) sensitive.
- Automatically control hotkey actions under certain conditions like "after
holding down for 3 seconds", or "if some application is running currently".
Don't forget Hotkey Commander provides automation tools like other hotkey utilities
also. You can assign hotkeys for a series of custom tasks or batch jobs to be performed
automatically, which can significantly simplify your work and save your time. You can:
- Simulate multimedia function keys on multimedia keyboards such as browser key,
email key, media play/volume key, etc.
- Assign hotkeys to various tasks, including opening documents, going to websites,
running programs, playing media clips, shuting down computer, etc.
- Record keyboard/mouse macros and play them back.